Re-Opening Policies and Procedures
We are so excited to start seeing our current brides and welcoming future Elite brides back into the store! The health and safety of our customers and our employees is always our top priority, and we want to inform you on everything we are doing as a business to ensure we are doing our part to keep everyone healthy and safe. In preparation to reopen, we have done a thorough deep clean of our entire store, following IDPH and CDC guidelines, and have placed hand sanitizers at all counters and all fitting rooms. Additionally, we have masks and gloves on hand, have implemented a COVID-19 policy handbook for all staff to adhere to, and have adjusted our store hours and schedule to accommodate the required number of staff and customers in the store at one time.
In order for us to be able to re-open, we have implemented a few new policies and procedures that must be adhered to, by both our customers and our staff members. If you are uncomfortable with any of these policies, we are more than happy to work with you in the future when these policies are no longer needed. Please note that we will be by appointment only and will not accept walk-in traffic until further notice to ensure we can control the amount of customers and staff in our store at any given time.
Procedures & Policies before coming to your Appointment:
- We will contact you to confirm your appointment the week of, at which time we will request some information from you to ensure you have the best possible experience with us! Feel free to send us this information prior to confirmation. The information needed for your appointment is the number of people attending the appointment, your desired price range/budget, what size you typically wear in street clothes, and your style likes and dislikes/link to your Pinterest board. *Please be aware that if this information and your appointment date and time is not confirmed by 2 days prior to your appointment, your appointment time slot may not be guaranteed.
- When you arrive to your appointment, please remain in your vehicle. Call the store at 217.363.3050 to check in, or text your first and last name, and appointment time, to 630.733.9204. If you opt to text us, we will text you back to confirm your arrival. *Please note- this phone number is for appointment communications only; for all other inquiries, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 217.363.3050.
- Please be patient while you wait for your bridal stage and fitting room to become available. We are taking extra cleaning measures before, during, and after appointments to ensure your experience with us is not only amazing, but is also in a safe and healthy environment! We will call or text you to let you know once you can enter the store, so please do not try to enter the store until you have been prompted to do so.
- Each bridal appointment is allowed to have 5 people total per party (the bride plus 4 guests). In order for us to ensure that the total number of people in our store follows IDPH protocol, the number of people you plan on bringing with you to your appointment MUST be confirmed at least 2 days prior to your appointment. If you do not confirm the number of people in your group, we may have to turn away members of your group, and no one wants that!
- In order for us to help our guests maintain safe social distances from other parties in the store, we are not allowing guests to shop around the store floor at this time, and we appreciate your understanding if you aren’t able to browse the dresses! Rest assured, our stylists are highly trained, and they will be there every step of the way to make sure you find your dream dress!
- Please make sure that you and your guests are following the CDC guidelines and health requirements before coming to your appointment. We ask that if you, or anyone in your party fall into one or more of the following categories, to please not attend the appointment: A) haven’t been feeling well or have been ill in the past two weeks. B) Works/worked in an establishment that has been closed due to exposure of COVID-19. C) Has come in contact with anyone that has or is suspected of having COVID-19.
- Wearing a cloth face covering upon entering our store and when less than 6 feet away from other customers is required. We know that they’re not ideal, but the goal is to keep everyone safe! Our staff will also be wearing them.
- No outside food will be allowed in the store, and we will be unable to serve beverages or food at this time. *We hope to implement this back in the store as soon as possible!
- Undergarments, such as try-on bras and robes, will not be available, so please bring your own if you plan on wearing a bra while trying on dresses. We do have Spanx for purchase as well.
- We allot 1.5 hours for your appointment, and we ask that you respect this time frame by showing up to your appointment on time. Your allotted 1.5 hours will begin at your scheduled appointment time, regardless of if you have arrived for your appointment at that time or not (so if you are running late, you may not be able to get the full 1.5 hours of shopping time). While we will try to accommodate every situation as best as possible, we may have to ask you to schedule another appointment to come back if your appointment is not finished in the allotted 1.5 hours.
- While we cannot guarantee we will be able to start your appointment at the time you arrive, specifically if you are early to your appointment, we can ensure that if your appointment starts late because of us (i.e., if cleaning up from the previous appointment takes longer than anticipated and you are unable to enter the store at your scheduled appointment time), your 1.5 hours of shopping time will not start until you are able to enter the store.
Policies & Procedures for Elite Bridal Team Members
- All team members will adhere to CDC health guidelines.
- All team members will be required to wear masks while inside the store and less than 6 feet away from other team members or customers.
- All team members will wash hands upon arrival into the store.
- All team members are subject to a temperature check at the beginning of each shift.
- Stylists will have access to the hand sanitizer located in their designated fitting room at all times, and will regularly use it throughout their shifts.
- Stylists will be washing their hands before and after each appointment.
- Stylists will be cleaning their designated area of the store after each appointment before the next appointment comes into the store.
- A designated team member will be sanitizing each gown after it is tried on before it can be tried on by another customer.
- All team members will conduct a thorough cleaning of the entire store at the end of each day.
Thank you to everyone for being so understanding as we move through these uncertain times. We realize that things may look a little different right now, but we are glad to be able to go to our new “normal” with all of you. Our goal is, and will always be the same- to make sure our brides can find the perfect wedding dress for their perfect day, and to remind everyone that love is not cancelled!! We are still here celebrating our past, current, and future Elite Brides, and we can’t wait to help you find your look of a lifetime!
Frequently Asked Questions
How is Elite Bridal different from other bridal stores?
We strive to provide exceptional customer service and offer the best shopping experience for everyone.We strive to provide exceptional customer service and give everyone who walks through our doors the best shopping experience possible, regardless of budget, size, or style! At Elite Bridal, you will find 5 grand stages, extra large dressing rooms, a whole room dedicated to accessories, and a special “maids and mothers” lounge. We also work with various other wedding vendors in the Champaign area, so you’ll receive discounts from those vendors once you become an “Elite” bride!”
Do I need to make an appointment to try on wedding dresses?
In order to ensure that the total number of people in our store at any given time falls in line with the current protocol designated by IDPH, we are currently by appointment only and will not accept walk-in traffic. Feel free to call us if you haven’t scheduled an appointment and want to come in that same day, and we will do our best to get you a last minute appointment!
Do I have to pay to have an appointment at Elite Bridal?
No, there is no cost to schedule an appointment with Elite Bridal. You can also upgrade your appointment to a VIP Appointment. If you’re interested in our VIP Appointments, simply go to the “Appointments” tab and select “VIP Appointment” to learn more!
How long is my appointment?
We allot 1.5 hours for bridal appointments, 1.5 hours for bridesmaid appointments, and one hour for any other type of appointment.
What should I bring to my appointment?
We recommend bringing pictures of dresses you’re interested in, such as styles you’ve found on our website, Pinterest, online, or that you’ve tried on elsewhere. We also suggest bringing undergarments you think you would want to wear on your wedding day. The most important things to bring with you the day of your appointment are an open mind and any family or friends who you’ll want to have with you when you “say yes” to your dress!
What are the price ranges for your wedding dresses?
Our pricing ranges from $999 to $4999. We also offer discontinued and sale gowns starting at $599, as well as other discounts during trunk shows and special sales events.
What size gowns are available for me to try on?
Our sample bridal gowns range from size 6 to size 32 and our bridesmaids’ and mothers’ sample gowns range from size 0 to size 30. We can order bridal gowns in sizes 0-34, and bridesmaids’ and mothers’ gowns in sizes 00-36.
May I take pictures of the gowns while I try them on?
Not only are you allowed to take pictures of the gowns you try on, we recommend it! Looking at pictures of yourself in your favorite dresses will help determine which dress is “the one”, and also allows you to capture the special experience of the day you found your dress!
How far in advance do I need to buy my gown?
Our designers’ dresses can take anywhere from 5 to 7 months to arrive to the store after the order is placed, so we recommend ordering your dress 8 to 10 months before your wedding date. This “stress-free” time zone will ensure that you have plenty of time for alterations once it arrives. If you don’t have that much time, please read the next Q & A to see how we can help you!
We recommend ordering Bridesmaids and Mothers dresses at least 6 months before the wedding.
HELP! I’m getting married in less than 4 months – is it too late to get a gown from you?
No, it’s not too late, but every second counts! We have several off-the-rack options provided that they meet your size and color specifications. We also have designers who offer in-stock gowns and rush shipping.
When should I order my veil, headpiece, and/or belt?
Special order designer veils, headpieces, and belts can take as long as 6 months to come in, so making a decision at the time you order your gown is recommended.
Does Elite Bridal provide Alterations?
While we do not have an in-house seamstress, we do provide all of our customers with a list of alteration specialists, located in Champaign and the surrounding area, which we personally recommend.
What are your payment options?
We accept Cash, Checks, and Credit Cards. When you purchase your bridal gown, we do require a 50% deposit. The remaining balance has to be paid within 2 weeks of the dress arriving at our store. Everything else must be paid in full at the time of purchase.
You don’t have a dress in your store that I’ve seen. Can you order it for me?
As long as the dress you saw is from a designer listed on our website (see the Bridal Gown Designers tab) and is a current style from the designers we carry (meaning it is not a discontinued style), we can order it for you! If you’re not sure, you can always call or email us to ask about the specific gown.
STORE HOURS STARTING JUNE 1ST, 2020
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, NO WALK-IN TRAFFIC ALLOWED